Saturday 9 April 2016

Cinematography tips I had learnt

Being the cinematographer I wanted to make sure that the filming I had done was perfect, in order for this to happen I had to do my research. I learnt that hand held filming is okay but in our case wasn't a option as we wanted still shots, in order for this to happen a tripod was the best option. another shot we used was a angled ariel shot, this was hard as the only way to do it was handheld but as i said before we wanted still shots and handheld wasn't always the best as it can be shaky.  A tripod wasn't the best choice as the camera needed to be lifted from the ground at a angle and the tripod doesn't do so. So I used a steady cam, this is we're the camera is screwed on top of a chunk of metal which has a flat piece at the bottom, this flat piece enables you to rest it on our body so it's not being filmed hand held and the camera is not shaky. This steady cam allows a clean shot to be made as it's resting on something. Another tip I learnt with the steady cam is that if you breath in when using it the camera becomes even more still, because if you heavily breath when the steady cam is balanced on your chest you lungs are going to slightly move it, so by breathing in the camera will say still.

No comments:

Post a Comment